6/22/14

Snacking on the Road with Pop Chips

Hey guys! Well, I finally got down to Asheville last week! My mom and I took a quick 2 day trip to go to my school, meet my principal, fill out paperwork, and the like. It was so much fun!

When I accepted the job, I had never even been to Asheville before, but from my research online and all of the information my friends gave me, I felt like it would be a good fit for me. I am happy to say that I think this city is literally tailored for me :) Also, all of the yoga opportunities.....you have no idea! I'm so excited to move.

The  drive down was 11 hrs...blech. I have spent a lot of time in the car lately, and one thing that I always make sure to prepare is snacks for the road! I don't want to get stuck halfway down on a road trip and have to stop at McDonalds. I mean, it happens, but if I can prevent it, I will! I'm a big "bar" fan (Balance is my favorite right now, unless I have time to make these delicious homemade ones!) but another favorite of mine is Popchips




Have you guys tried these? I actually have had them quite often....I used to work for an online publisher and edited publications for trade shows, and Popchips was a company that we wrote a segment for and they sent us samples to the office. I was addicted to the barbecue ones! And the seal salt ones, and the sweet potato ones...

Popchips are a great alternative to regular chips. They aren't fried, or baked. The company is committed to making a healthier option and not adding anything fake to their recipe:

"our pledge: no fake colors, no fake flavors, no preservatives, no fluorescent orange fingertips, and no wiping your greasy chip hand on your jeans. no, really. we only use ingredients you can feel good about eating. and we leave out the bad stuff, like hydrogenated oils and msg, that give snacking a bad name. because popchips have no preservatives, make sure to get a good chip clip after opening the bag to keep our popped chips fresh. or better yet, just eat them all at once."**


I am not a big chip fan, and I think that's why I like Popchips so much. I don't miss the greasy, fried part that many people like about chips....there are many unhealthy foods I love to indulge in (BIG MACS ANYONE) but chips aren't one of them. These chips are perfect because they're just so light! 

I try not to snack too often but I don't feel bad when I eat these. The small bags are perfect for stashing in your work drawer, or taking on the road, like I did last week!

What's your favorite on-the-road snack?



**http://www.popchips.com/popchips/what-are-popchips/

***I was given product to try for this post, but all opinions are my own!

4 comments:

  1. I love Popchips!!!! They are always amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Popchips! I'm a big fan of hummus + pretzels on the road and also dried fruit. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, Popchips are great! I usually keep a bag stashed in my cabinet for when a salty/chip kind of mood strikes. Recently I bought a new bag of my favorite, the sour cream & onion one! -- Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete