2/18/14

The Best Sandwich Of All Time

Happy Wednesday! I hope you guys enjoyed getting to know me just a little bit better yesterday. I really enjoyed answering the questions!

Today I sort of have a recipe for you....for something you don't really need a recipe for, probably, but maybe you just need a gentle reminder. About what kind of sandwich you should be eating. Every day. The greatest sandwich ever created.

The Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.

In my post yesterday I said the food I couldn't live without was bananas, and I wasn't kidding. I love these bad boys so much! Tonight I scarfed one of sandwiches down, as I do often, and just reveled in the deliciousness that is the PB&B (with honey obviously). Even making the sandwich is enjoyable, and I always try not to rush even though I kind of don't even want to actually make the sandwich, I just want to shove my face into all of the ingredients.

The creamy, salty peanut butter gliding smoothly from your polished silver knife onto the soft, hearty bread. The lick of the slick banana as each slice falls neatly onto the peanut butter lining. You bite your tongue in anticipation as you artfully arrange the sweet, sugary drizzle of honey on top of the whole beautiful masterpiece. And finally, one last slice of bread on top for good measure. 

I like peanut butter and banana. And honey.










(That little nibble at the top right hand corner? My dog bit that. WHILE I WAS EATING IT. I shit you not, I had the sandwich IN MY MOUTH and felt it pull and Rodney had leaned out of my lap and took a bite....I literally didn't know how to react.)

This sandwich is something beautiful. It is what memories and sunshine and rainbows and laughter are made of. It. Is. The. Best. 

Ok I'm kind of kidding but seriously I love PB & banana sandwiches! They fix my sweet tooth craving and give me good healthy fats, potassium and nutrients! If you haven't had one with honey you definitely should; that stuff is amazing :)

What's your favorite kind of sandwich? Do you like PB&banana as much as I do?


PS If you don't like PB & banana sandwiches that's OK, here are some yoga poses for your enjoyment :)


16 comments:

  1. I am so hungry now - thanks for that Paige it is past 9 here! :( Haha I cannot believe Rodney ate your sandwich! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Sorrrryyyy. And yes he is something else~

      Delete
  2. Yes! Yum! I love all the nut butters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duhhhh PB and banana sandwiches are the BEST but I haven't had one in forever and I don't know why. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obvi the best sandwich ever! My childhood in sandwich form...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly!! Makes me feel like a kid again!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow. The dog thing literally just had me laughing out loud. That's hilarious!! My puppy will put his nose up on your food but he never actually digs in. PB&Bananas is delicious. I'm more of a PB&J gal myself. In a perfect world I could live off of peanut butter and mac and cheese and all would be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he's pretty goofy! I love him to death :) I do LOVE PB&J but that banana just does it for me too :)

      Delete
  6. AGREED. It is my favorite sandwich and has been for a long time. It's so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's exactly it....there's something very comforting about it. And it doesn't hurt that it's so delicious :)

      Delete
  7. nut butter and bananas go in my casket with me. so yeah, BEST sammich ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a PB & banana junkie, and I recently found a new way to combine them - popsicles! A wee bit of almond milk and some slightly frozen bananas blended, and a few tablespoons of PB swirled in. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete