2/17/14

Liebster Award

Happy Tuesday! Thank you SO MUCH for all of the Blogiversary love!! I felt like it was my own birthday after seeing the comments and Tweets :) I love you guys!

I actually had a workout post planned for today but ended up having family dinner at my friend's house last night and just got home and honestly, looking at Pic Monkey and trying to come up with cute graphics and putting together the workout just doesn't sound appealing. SO! I'm going to do something more fun and easier :)



Last week I had two beautiful ladies nominate me for the Liebster Award! Liz at Carpe Diem and Run and Brittany at Brittany Leigh are the two sweet girls who let me know that they nominated me. I did the Liebster award last summer and wasn't sure if I could do it again, but then realized, um...am I afraid of like the Liebster award police or something? No reason not to, plus it's fun to get to know other bloggers this way so tonight seems like the perfect time to do it! If you aren't interested in me or my life you have the OK pass from me to move on to something else!

The Liebster Award is kind of like a virtual high-five in which you get to know other bloggers. You simply write 11 random facts about yourself, then answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you, and then come up with 11 questions for the people that you nominate. Since I don't want to overwhelm you with useless information about me, I figured I'd just do a short Q&A from the questions that Liz and Brittany set up! Here's more about me than you'll ever need to know:

From Brittany

1. What is one food you couldn't live without? 
Bananas. Seriously. I don't even care how ridiculous that sounds. I LOVE THEM. On their own, in smoothies, smothered in PB and honey, dipped in melted dark chocolate, in oats, on a PB&J sandwich, honestly I could go on and on. 

2. Would you ever go on a reality show? If yes, which one?
NEVER. The thought of having everything I say and do taped and put on TV for the world (and most importantly, my parents) is literally terrifying to me. Nope. Never.

3. What was your worst date ever?
Don't really know that I've been on a ton of official dates, unless I've been dating the person so I don't know that I have much to share for this. One time though, I did like this guy in college, and invited him to a sorority mixer with a frat and he said yes which was awesome! But then at the mixer I found out he only came with because he liked one of my sorority sisters so....that was lame.

4. If you could know one thing about your future, what would you want to know?
I just sat and thought about this for a couple of minutes and couldn't decide on one thing so I guess I choose nothing. There are way too many ways to go with this and I actually feel pretty at peace with not knowing what's going to happen next in life right now so, I'll opt out of knowing the future!

5. If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create?
A dachshund and a giraffe. Like, how hilarious would that animal be? And sweet too.

6. What is something you pinned on Pinterest that you want to do or have?
I just made a board for Bali...my sister and I are planning a trip there for later this year (fingers crossed I can be frugal enough to save up for this) so I want to have all of those experiences I have been pinning!



7. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Waffles. Oh lord, waffles.

8. What is your favorite part about being a blogger?
Making new friends! I have met some seriously awesome people via the interwebs and I'm looking forward to the first time I get to meet one of these ladies in person!

9. What was your most impulsive buy ever? 
I don't really impulse buy....I usually stare at items for days online and then finally just do it. I'm not sure if that's good or bad...I'm going with good, right?

10. If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
One million dollars. Does money count? I have a lot of student loans and car loan stuff to pay off...if it has to be one ITEM I guess I would say this super gorgeous dress from Free People that I will just never be able to afford but I want it soooo bad.....$600 for a white crotchet dress.....so dumb but still I need!



11. Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
Nope...crop tops are in so I'm all good :)


And Liz's Questions: 

1. Would you rather run in the snow (assuming there is no ice), in the rain, or on a 90 degree (F) day? 
Rain for sure! The other two are scary bad for running to me!!

2. Who is the person you look up to the most? 
Both of my parents. I feel like I didn't appreciate them enough when I was living in IL....they are two very strong, very loving individuals. I'm pretty lucky at the childhood and upbringing I had...especially seeing what kind of families my students now come from, I realize how lucky I was to have two parents who literally did everything they could to make me and my siblings happy, comfortable and taken care of.



3. Would you rather live in a cold climate or a hot one? 
Oh hot for sure! That's why I'm on the west coast baby :)



4. What is your favorite way to cross train? 
I love HIIT workouts! They are so effective but good for a tight schedule.

5. Most embarrassing moment?
 Uhhhhhh that  could be a million things but last year in class I was reading The Hunger Games out loud and was talking about Katniss getting ready for the "reaping" but I said "raping" instead which completely changed the dynamic of the story and unfortunately mistakes like that don't go unnoticed in a group of 20 8th graders.

6. Are you a tea, coffee, or both person? 
Tea, 100%, always and forever. Preferably mint tea.

7. Favorite breakfast food?
 Waffles!!

8. Do you have a foam roller/do you want one? 
Have one and love it! It's seriously the best, especially for my tendinitis behind my right knee.



9. Favorite yoga mat brand? (You can own it or not!) 
My Manduka is amazing...I love everything about it and would recommend it to any yogi in a heartbeat!

10. What is your "food philosophy"? 
80% healthy, 20% indulgence. Everything in moderation. Counting calories doesn't make me happy. I eat healthy whole foods and if I want a little cheese, chocolate, whatever, I have a bite and don't beat myself up about it. Moderation=happiness :)

Thanks for the questions girls! I love doing these and getting to know other bloggers. Instead of picking specific people, I encourage anyone and everyone to pick a question and answer it below so I can get to know you a little bit more!

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's just the best way to start the day! Or end the day. Or take a break in the middle of the day....

      Delete
  2. Happy belated blogiversary Paige!

    OMG a Bali trip would be amazing! I looked into going to Bali a few years ago, but we wound up going to Thailand instead -- which was the best vacay I've ever been on so no regrets there, but yes, I'd love to see Bali too!

    Oh, and I'm equally obsessed with bananas. LOVE!

    --Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can't wait! I'm hoping I can have the money in time to go around Christmas this year. I've been wanting to go forever!!

      Delete
  3. ALL THE WAFFLESSSS! Wishing I wasn't so lazy right now and could make some...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay foam rollers and a $600 dress?? That's just crazy! My favorite thing about blogging is the people for sure. Have already met some but want to meet so many more....aka YOU! Some day lady! Also--you're going to Bali?! I'M SO JEALOUS but how cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't that ridiculous! But it's so beautiful.....and yes I've been wanting to go there forever and finally decided it's time to start saving up!

      Delete
  5. Omigosh I love waffles too! Haha we never make them though - birthday breakfast for sure :) Your food philosophy is awesome - and I really need to try Manduka! My Gaiam is just a bit too slippery sometimes :/
    I loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they're the beeeeeest!!! You should try protein waffles....same ingredients for a protein pancake and put it in the waffle maker...delicious healthy waffles yayy! Yes the one I had before was too slippery so I finally shelled out the cash and actually the Manduka wasn't too bad; I think around 60. It was worth every penny!

      Delete
  6. Loved this! It's so fun to get to know other bloggers. Totally jealous of your Bali trip - that sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean....they're basically the best breakfast food man has ever created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these posts because we get to know you so much better! Bali sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete